ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE / ACCOUNTS PAYABLE BOOKKEEPER
ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE / ACCOUNTS PAYABLEBOOKKEEPER
PURPOSE OF YOUR JOB POSITION
The primary purpose of your job position as ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE / ACCOUNTS PAYABLEBOOKKEEPERis to performbookkeepingduties in an efficientmanner,in accordancewithestablished procedures, and as directed by your Administrator.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Listed below is an outline of the duties and responsibilities that you will be required to performEven though your job description is broad, every effort has been made to make this outline ascomplete as possible. HOWEVER, we must emphasize that you MAY be required to performother related duties and activities.
- Receive and follow Accounts Receivable guidelines as outlined in our established policies and procedures and as instructed by your Administrator
- Operate paging/telephone system as required (optional)
- Answer telephone, determine nature of call, and relay information within the facility as necessary
- Receive inquiries and release information in accordance with established policies & procedures
- Receive requests from within the facility and locate personnel through paging system
- Assist with administrative duties, as directed
- Maintain CONFIDENTIALITY of pertinent resident care information to assure resident rights are protected
- Attend and participate in inservice educational classes and on-the-job training programs, as directed
- Assure that work/assignment areas are neat, clean, and office equipment is covered before leaving such areas on breaks, end of the work day, etc.
- Responsible for billing and collecting all moneys owed to the facility as outlined in the collections policy. Meet all deadlines required by Corporate Office
- Responsible for the maintenance of all residents’ financial records
- Maintains an accurate daily census and reports census daily to appropriate persons
- Maintains accurate resident fund ledgers in a timely manner for residents. Provides quarterly statements to residents/responsible party
- Responsible for timely collections of all claims and for posting these to appropriate accounts
- Responsible for the necessary follow-up of any unpaid claims
- Responsible for the timely collections of all claims and for posting these to appropriate accounts
- Responsible for meeting all deadlines and submitting required reports on a timely basis
- Involved in all admissions to the facility to help insure the proper financial papers are signed by the resident/responsible party and to insure that explanation of the financial responsibilities are explained in detail
- Insure that all financial folders are maintained appropriately
- Verify that deposits are written correctly before taking them to the bank
- Purchase orders
- Vender files
- Bind reports
Payroll: (Back-up Bookkeeper)
- Set up employee in payroll journal
- Payroll file maintenance
- Keep record of vacation earned and sick time accruals
- KRONOS (see KRONOS manual)
- Hours report
- Turnover reports
- Sign up employees for insurance and start payroll deductions the first pay period after the effective date
- Check insurance invoice against the payroll register
- Keep punch detail record on file for each employee
- Disburse, keep up with receipts, purchase orders, and reimburse
- Reconcile with bank statement
- Meal sales
- Assist in answering telephone, when necessary
- Responsible for meeting all deadlines timely & for submitting required reports on a timely basis
- Other related duties as may become necessary or as directed by your Administrator
- Sitting, standing, bending, lifting, and moving intermittently during working hours
- Works in well-lighted/ventilated office areas
- Subject to frequent interruptions
- Willingness to work beyond normal working hours and in other positions temporarily, as necessary
- Attend and participate in continuing education programs, as directed
- Subject to pressure from multiple calls
- May be subjected to infectious diseases, substances, contaminated articles, etc.
- Communicate with nursing and other department personnel
- This facility will make reasonable accommodations that will permit an employee to perform the essential functions of his or her position.
Ayden Court Nursing and Rehabilitation Center provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ayden Court Nursing and Rehabilitation Center complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Ayden Court Nursing and Rehabilitation Center expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Ayden Court Nursing and Rehabilitation Center’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.