PURPOSE OF YOUR JOB POSITION
The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for assisting the Maintenance Supervisor in keeping the facility in good repair, safe, and operational through utilization of a preventative maintenance and repair program. He/She must coordinate maintenance and repair activities with the functions of other departments.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Listed below is an outline of the duties and responsibilities that you will be required to perform. As the MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR you are delegated the authority, responsibility, andaccountability to carry out your assigned duties.
Even though your job description is broad, every effort has been made to make this outline as complete as possible. However, we must emphasize that you may be required to perform other related duties and activities.
- Assist in the planning, developing, organizing, implementing, evaluation, and directing of the maintenance department
- Assist in the implementation of departmental policies and procedures to assure that the maintenance of the premises, facility, and equipment is current at all times
- Develop and maintain a good working rapport with inter-department personnel and other departments within the facility, to assure that maintenance programs can be properly planned and maintained to meet the needs of the facility
- Assure that the facility and equipment is properly maintained for resident comfort and convenience
- Interpret policies and procedures to department personnel as necessary
- Serve on various committees of the facility as required by existing regulations or as appointed by the Administrator
- Perform administrative requirements, such as completing necessary forms, reports, etc. and submitting such to the Administrator as required
- Assist in recruiting, selecting, and training competent departmental personnel
- Ensure that the maintenance department’s administrative procedures are followed
- Implement written policies that will effectively maintain equipment and supplies for the facility
- Schedule department working hours, personnel, work assignments, etc
- Inspect, maintain, and test fire alarm and emergency systems in accordance with established policies and procedures. Maintain appropriate records of test results
- Follow preventative maintenance program of cleaning, painting, maintaining facility equipment, etc. as necessary/approved
- Establish a priority system on unscheduled maintenance
- Maintain the heating and cooling units/systems in proper working condition, as specified by the manufacturer. Prior to the onset of seasonal changes, inspect the systems for loose wires, broken lines, leaks, etc. and pre-start unit/system to assure proper working order
- Develop and participate in programs designed for inservice education, on-the-job training, and orientation classes for newly assigned department personnel
- Assist in determining departmental staffing, completing employee performance evaluations, and make recommendations to the Administrator concerning wage and salary adjustments, hiring, terminations, transfers, etc
- Requisition, control, and maintain an adequate level of required maintenance supplies and equipment. Replace equipment as necessary and approved.
- Maintain current written records of department expenditures
- Assume the authority, responsibility, and accountability of directing the maintenance department v Review complaints and grievances and make necessary oral/written reports to the Administrator
- Attend and participate in workshops, seminars, etc. to keep abreast of current changes in maintenance procedures
- Recommend to the Administrator the equipment and supply needs of the department
- Ensure outside services are properly completed/supervised in accordance with contracts/ work orders
- Other related duties and activities as may become necessary or as directed by the Administrator
- Stooping, sitting, standing, bending, lifting, climbing, and moving intermittently during working hours
- Works in all areas of the facility
- Willingness to work beyond normal working hours and in other positions temporarily when necessary
- Attend and participate in continuing educational programs
- Subject to cuts, bruises, falls, burns from equipment, odors, etc
- Communicates with nursing personnel and other department personnel
- Required to work in adverse weather conditions
- Required to be on-call for emergency situations
- May be required to work in cramped spaces
- This facility will make reasonable accommodations that will permit an employee to perform the essential functions of his or her position
Ayden Court Nursing and Rehabilitation Center provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ayden Court Nursing and Rehabilitation Center complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Ayden Court Nursing and Rehabilitation Center expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Ayden Court Nursing and Rehabilitation Center’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.